Lehengas - Buy Latest Indian Lehengas for Women Online
The eloquent Indian attire preferred by brides across the world, Lehenga Choli is the exemplary dress that can transform your entire appearance and give you that regal Indian look. Exquisitely crafted with delicate embroideries and dainty embellishments, the Indian Lehenga is the garment that can bring your bridal dreams to life. Come and explore online, the gallery of gorgeous new lehengas in mystical hues and designs at the house of KalkiFashion.com
The eloquent Indian attire preferred by brides across the world, Lehenga Choli is the exemplary dress that can transform your entire appearance and give you that regal Indian look. Exquisitely crafted with delicate embroideries and dainty embellishments, the Indian Lehenga is the garment that can bring your bridal dreams to life. Come and explore online, the gallery of gorgeous lehengas in mystical hues and designs at the house of KalkiFashion.com.
A lehenga or Indian lehenga choli, also known as Indian Ghagra Choli, is a popular form of Indian Ethnic wear that comprises of a pleated or flared skirt (Lengha/Ghagra), a cropped blouse baring the mid riff (choli) and a stole (dupatta). Women from various age groups and ethnicity love to sport this outfit and the lehenga choli is also an extremely popular wedding attire for brides and bridesmaids.
Types of Lehengas:
Our lehengas are the bride’s vision of herself on her wedding day.
- Lehenga Styles- Lehengas are no more the traditional heavy attires. They are exotic, super-stylish, light-weighted, simple, minimalistic, and trendy to showcase your upfront personality. Cape lehengas, jacket lehengas, drape lehengas, belted lehengas and gown lehengas are what lehengas have transformed into.
- Festive/Occasional Lehengas- Be it traditional events like mehendi or sangeet, the grand events like wedding ceremony, reception, engagement or the pre-bashes and cocktails; you can explore designer, flashy and full-of-embellishments lehengas at KALKI as your essential ensembles.
- Lehengas For Weddings- An Indian wedding is a union of two cultures, hence a classic, iconic and royal lehenga is what a bride looks for. Our label not only weaves zari, cut-dana, moti, sequins, shimmer and gotta into each and every lehenga but also the bride’s dreams and fantasies. Our bridal wedding lehenga, pre-wedding lehengas and bridesmaids lehengas are a nod to the rich Indian heritage.
- Lehenga Fabrics- Various fabrics like georgette, organza, satin, silk, banarasi, net, shimmer and crepe are used to transform each and every lehenga into beautiful pieces of art. You can opt for the fabrics depending upon the weather, occasion, taste, and skin tone.
How to choose the perfect lehenga?
A lehenga as usual is a dream-come-true especially if it’s for a bride. There is nostalgia, fantasies, fancies and desire attached to this outfit. Well, much before that there are things that need to be considered.
- Purpose or Occasion- Try to avoid getting stuck to one style you have seen at a wedding or flaunted by a celeb. If the lehenga is for a wedding, it should be grand, stunning, and heavy as you would be the cynosure of all the eyes. You may consider simple, minimalistic, trendy, or lighter versions for your mehendi and other rituals. A mermaid lehenga, fusion lehenga or gown lehenga can be worn for reception or cocktail parties. For haldi or ladies sangeet, one can opt for pretty Jaipuri, leheriya or cotton lehengas to feel comfy and cool.
- Consider The Weather- Don’t feel pressurized for wearing a lehenga you don’t feel comfortable in. Pick your style that steals your heart but you must think of climatic conditions too. Fabrics like velvet and silk won’t be a great option for a scorching summer wedding. On the other hand, net lehenga, crepe lehenga, chiffon lehenga and organza lehenga in lighter hues or less embellishments can be the common choices for summer events.
- Individual Taste- Consider your height, know your body type and ensure your lehenga resonates with your taste. Explore various lehenga styles like gown lehenga, mermaid lehenga, heavy embroidery lehenga, cape lehenga, bold off-shoulder lehenga, crop top lehenga or Anarkali lehenga and pick the best that compliments your personality.
Lehengas By Occasions
We know how significant a lehenga is for any Indian woman and for any traditional event or festival. Mehendi, sagan, reception, party, puja, or your own D-day; a lehenga in itself is like a ritual to be followed. It must be planned carefully and must go with your occasion to make you look the best. You can pick the perfect one from KALKI that goes along with your personality and compliments your appearance.
Wedding LehengasWedding is a once-in-a-lifetime event that calls for a regal and exquisite lehenga. Heavy zari, moti, cut-dana, mirror, abla and fine thread work lehengas look enthralling and straight out of fairy-tale. Golden red, green, pink, and orange shades with delicate rich zari work enhance the appeal of the bridal lehenga, thereby turning it into an heirloom piece.
Day Wedding LehengasDay wedding lehengas can be breezy, flowy, colourful, and created in lighter fabrics. Printed, flowy, tiered, layered, draped and quirky jacket lehengas are few voguish options for a day wedding. Shades like purple, lilac, mauve and ivory look ethnic as well as trendy.
Intimate Wedding LehengasEmbellished lehengas, chanderi lehengas, patch-embroidery lehengas, applique lehengas, sequin or moti-studded lehengas from KALKI can have all the attention on the bride at her intimate wedding. These not-so-heavy lehengas are also the most sought-out ensembles if you are attending an intimate wedding.
Reception LehengasSilver, golden, navy blue, satin grey, marsala red and green lehengas can spell glamour at a reception. Gown lehenga, drape lehenga and sharara lehenga are some perfect picks for a glamorous affair like reception or post-wedding parties.
Sangeet LehengasFor sangeet, bride or the bridesmaids can ditch the very heavy lehenga options and instead go for some off-beat trends. Multi-coloured printed lehengas with frilly necklines, ruffle dupattas, quirky tassels and edgy capes offer a modern and contemporary look for your sangeet night and dance celebrations.
Mehendi LehengasGorgeous rust, orange, yellow, green, and golden lehengas in soft flowy fabrics or light fabrics like cotton and organza can be a true dream outfit for your mehendi ceremony. Crop top choli, sleeveless blouse, or even strappy blouses will look downright stunning and easy for the event.
Party Wear LehengasSequin, satin blend, metallic, crepe, ruched, printed, jacket, pleated and crop top lehengas will look beautiful and appealing beyond compare. The tiered lehengas, mermaid lehengas, saree lehenga and frilled lehengas also look delightful as party wear lehengas.
Festive LehengasSunshine yellow, blue, red, and purple lehengas with paisleys, flower, leaf, birds, and animal motifs perfectly play up the traditional aesthetics for the festivals. Elaborately crafted lehengas in mirror, kali, zardozi, sequins, cut-dana and pearls will offer just enough festive flair.
Fashion is inspired by Medieval designs
Fashion has been in the scene since the Medieval Era era when every single piece of art was beautiful in execution, be it the clothes or the accessories. A bridal lehenga or a party lehenga is the favorite Indian wear for every bride who wish to look the best on her wedding day. Every Indian girl visualizes herself in a splendid lehenga choli at her wedding or if she happens to be a bridesmaid accompanying the bride. The traditional lehenga choli is the preferred attire in the wardrobe of an Indian bride for many ages now and today it has undergone some superficial and cosmetic changes. The humble lehenga was once a daily wear but over the years, it significantly transformed itself into a stylish looking piece of dress that is both beautiful and grand in appeal.
Ghagra Choli, a typical Indian festive wear
Modern day lehenga is an entirely inspired outfit from the standard skirt or a ghagra that was created by some of the leading Indian fashion designers. The ghagra choli is one such classic example of traditional Indian clothing that is now regarded as an exclusive bridal wear among girls in North and South India. Apart from the ghagra choli it is highly decorative dupatta that forms a fashion accessory. It is generally worn in a seed pallu style with the length of the scarf tossed over the shoulder from the back. Nowadays, it is additionally worn like a scarf or even carried in different styles. Indian lehenga skirts are now beautifully designed and handmade by the leading Indian fashion clothing companies who produce some stunning looks wedding gowns and bridal gowns in gorgeous colors.
The finest collection of new Indian lehenga online is now available at KalkiFashion.com, that offers the most alluring and unique collection. We try to make the best outfit using high-quality fabric materials that enhances the beauty of a girl.
Regional Effect on Indian Lehenga Styles
In South India, the trend of Chania choli is hugely p